Victim Notification System
1-866-959-VINE TOLL FREE 1-866-959-8463
VINE is an automated service that lets you track the custody status of offenders in participating county jails. By calling the toll-free number or visiting www.vinelink.com, you can find out the custody status of an offender. You can also register to be notified by phone and e-mail if the custody status of an offender changes.
If the offender is in custody, you can register to receive notifications.
If registering a phone number, you will be asked to created a four digit personal identification number (PIN) that will be used to confirm that the call was received. Make sure your PIN is easy to remember.
You will be notified about the following events:
When VINE calls, listen to the message, then enter your PIN followed by the pound (#) key when asked. Entering the PIN lets VINE know that you received the call and will stop the service from calling you again.
DO NOT rely solely on VINE for your safety. If you feel that you may be at risk, take precautions as if the offender has already been released.
- If you feel you are in danger, call 911 immediately
- Since VINE calls automatically when an offender's custody status changes, you might get a call from VINE in the middle of the night.
- If you do not answer a notification call, VINE will leave a message. If there is no answer, VINE will continue calling back until you enter your PIN or until up to 48 hours have passed.
- Do not register a phone number that rings to a switchboard.
- You can register multiple phone numbers and e-mail addresses for notifications.
- If you forget your PIN, call the toll-free number and press zero. You will be transferred to an operator who can help you reset your PIN or cancel notification.
- Operators are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you.
For more information visit the VINE website.